Meet 78-year-old grandma who easily deadlifts 100kg in Gym

Shirley is 78 and she’s stronger than you

– This granny is 78 years old but she might be stronger than you – Shirley turned to weightlifting just two years ago, but she now deadlifts 100kg  Meet a 78-year-old grandmother who hit internatonal healdines after a video of her repeatedly weightlifting 100kg like it’s nothing went viral.

Two years ago Shirley Webb could barely get up off the floor or climb the stairs without grabbing the railing and shortness of breath but today she is deadlifter. 
Tired of infirmity the woman joined fitness club with her granddaughter and got herself a personal trainer. She now goes to the gym two times a week and even set a record of 107. 5kg in her age and weight group at a local powerlifting competition
.

grandmother weightlifter


The supergran, who turns 79 this August, is not going to stop on the accomplished: “I’ve seen such a remarkable difference in myself. I’m glad that people are getting inspired by me doing this.  I have nieces and nephews who are going crazy about it. They are absolutely thrilled with me. I get nervous during the competition, but I enjoy it because my family and my nieces are just so happy that I’m doing this


grandmother weightlifter
Shirley has gotten great support from her family

I have no intention of stopping right now. When I go to the gym and work out, when I leave, I feel so much better than I did when I went in, and I just feel so good. I feel tremendous.” 

Shirley’s trainer John Wright, who is also very proud of her, said: “She’s gotten to the point where everybody greets her and is just absolutely impressed. She inspires everybody that goes to the gym and it’s fun to see that.”

The grandmother is now planning to set a national and personal record with a 117.9kg  deadlift on June 4 in St. Louis, state of Missouri. Now, what’s your excuse for not going to the gym again?